Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Still Searching: What Women Owe Men

Last night I was out with my friends at a local bar. It was karaoke night and we were having a beer and enjoying ourselves. One of my female friends was approached by a young man (a stranger), also having a good time and celebrating his birthday (as he told us when he sang). He engaged her in conversation and it was awkward right off the bat, but she made eyes at my friend and me, so we dragged her to the bar "to get another drink". She said goodbye and the man said "But wait it's my birthday."

Oh. I'm sorry.It's your birthday. That changes everything.

Because it's your birthday, she should stop hanging out with her friends and devote all her attention to you.

Because it's your birthday, she should let you dictate how the night is going to go.

Because it's your birthday, she should treat you like the king that you are.

Because it's your birthday, she should dedicate the night to making you happy.

Because it's your birthday, if you were to lean in for a kiss, she should let it happen.

Because it's your birthday, and the kiss turns into a hand here and hand there, she should just let it happen.

Because it's your birthday, if you asked her to go to the bathroom with you or home with you, she should say yes even though if it were any other night she would say no.

Because it's your birthday and you want to have sex, she should say yes because she owes you a birthday present anyway.

...How about no. This is how the situation should have gone:

Last night I was out with my friends at a local bar. It was karaoke night and we were having a beer and enjoying ourselves. One of my female friends was approached by a young man (a stranger), also having a good time and celebrating his birthday (as he told us when he sang). He engaged her in conversation and it was awkward right off the bat, but she made eyes at my friend and me, so we dragged her to the bar "to get another drink". She said goodbye and the man said "Goodbye, have a good night".

Because it's your birthday, she should do nothing. She should not have to stop her night because you want her too.

Because it's your birthday, she owes you nothing.

She owes you nothing. Ever.

Women owe men nothing. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment